Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Feel Better Soon

Hi There! I've been little busy setting up new routine with my little one and also took some time (days :P) to clean up my workspace. I'm glad to be back again with this floral card which I made for the Altenew - March 2018 Inspiration Challenge. This is my first time taking part in Altenew challenge. I've fell in love with the color choice by Virginia with the beautiful click from her recent trip. Here is my take!

I used Altenew - Floral Motif stamps set for this card along with some distress inks. I used masking technique to create the layers of flower and leaves. I stamped and heat embossed the images with gold embossing powder and colored them with distress inks. Next, I used the MFT Wonky Stitched Frame die to cut out the panel and adhered it on a kraft base card.

I stamped the sentiment on a black card stripe and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder and layered it on a kraft card stripe. I finished off the card by adhering the sentiment using foam adhesive. Coloring flowers has been always a great challenge for me. I'm so happy to achieve something out of my comfort zone and I love how this card has turned out. Hope you like it! :)

I’m also entering this card into the following challenges...
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Floral Frenzy
HLS March Watercolour Challenge

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to have productive crafty days! 😌
Hugs! :)
Valliam


10 comments:

  1. What a lovely take on Virginia's inspiration, Valliam! Love the touches of gold! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lin! :) Glad you you liked it!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work with watercolors. Beautiful composition of the card.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at HLS Watercolor.
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment Bozena! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Floral Frenzy” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Virginia! I love your card! :)

      Delete
  4. lovely coloring - thanks for sharing your Project at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not bad for your first time! Awesome coloring skill! Thanks for playing along in the March Inspiration Challenge at Altenew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thrilled to see such a nice comment from Altenew! Thank you so much! :)

      Delete